Reflecting back on September

I didn't blog the whole month of September, which is kind of shocking to me! So much happened over the month, but I obviously just didn't sit down and document it at the time. So, here I am, trying to jot down a few things in my blog before I totally forget! Better late then never! ;)

I celebrated my birthday for the first time away from home. This was the first time in my life that I didn't celebrate with my family. I only cried a few times which I thought was pretty good! :) Paul knew that I was having a bit of a hard time with it though and planned a little surprise get together with some new friends we met. They brought over cupcakes and even some gifts which was so incredibly sweet!

There was a tractor pull a few towns away, that we decided to check out. Made me think of something that would happen in a small town in Alberta or Saskatchewan. :)

The university offered refresher courses to help students brush up their math and chemestry before classes officially started. It was very interesting, although they did make my brain hurt! I graduated high school 10 years ago, and there were quite a few things I had totally forgotten how to do! Haha!

We traveled to a city called Düsseldorf. It was the first time adventuring out of our little town of Kleve, and we were a little shocked by what a bustling city Düsseldorf actually was, and by how many people there were everywhere! We will need to go back soon because there were lots of museums and other touristy type things to do, that we didn't have time to check out this time.

We also traveled to Cologne, which was also amazing! See previous blog post for pictures.

I think I covered most of the big things that happened in September. We took a couple of quick trips into the Netherlands to do some shopping, but haven't done much site seeing there yet. Aside from that though, we have just been spending a lot of time with new friends, and trying to figure out what our new normal looks like here.

Love lock bridge - Cologne. - September 18th, 2014



Comments

Popular Posts