Things We Are Into - September 2013

Oops! I wasn't just late on Raelle's birthday post! I forgot to finish this post as well! 

Drinks Lately, i have been drinking a lot of coffee. I am still not sure if this is a good thing (probably not ;). Making a pot of coffee in the french press is the first thing I do every morning. It not only wakes me up, but warms me up as well. :)
  

Dinners - Our latest go-to-meal is a recipe that Paul created. Basically it is homemade Pad Sew, a Thai dish that is similar to Pad Thai, but much tastier in my opinion. :) The meal consists of cooked broad vermicelli noodles, beef, eggs, and steamed veggies tossed in a yummy sauce (fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chopped red thai chili peppers)and fried in a hot wok. It's so delicious, and the best part??? It takes about 20 minutes to throw together. (I am sure I can get the full recipe if anyone is interested in it) :)

This is sorta what it looks like all cooked up:


Reading - Our book club finished the Glass Castle last month. It was a great read, definitely made me look back on my childhood with fondness and great appreciation! Next on the agenda, The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. This book has been on my to-read list for a number of years,  so I am really looking forward to it.


Inspiration - All things fall are inspiring me lately. It's kinda fun pulling out all my "winter" clothes from my storage bins and putting together new outfits.


Hobbies - This area of my life has been lacking. I need to find some new projects to keep me busy over the winter months.

 What are some projects that keep you busy during the darker days of winter?




Comments

Popular Posts