Things We Are Into - July 2013

I always like reading about what people are into, just the day to day things that we all take for granted. So here is mine :)

Drinks
   We (my husband and I) picked up a packet of Starbucks VIA Cool Lime Refreshers a while back. One day, when it was very warm out (and inside our house), I threw a packet in the blender with water and ice, and oh my goodness! It was so delicious!!! Definitely a great summer slushy drink.

Dinners
    I am all about quick easy meals. On hot days, I like to grab a BBQ chicken from the grocery store on my way home from work, make a salad or two, and top it off with a bit of bread. It's filling, and then I make either pot pies or sandwiches with the leftovers. If I am on top of things in the morning, I try to pull some meat out of the freezer and into a marinade to BBQ when we get home.

Reading 
    I recently joined a book club, and we just finished reading The Woman in White, by Wilke Collins. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I am happy to be reading again, since I often let other things, cough*facebook*cough,  take up much of my free time. I can't wait to start the next book on our list: The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls.

Inspiration
    My wonderful friend, Sarah at The Object of Today, writes such encouraging, interesting and provocative posts. I also love the way Breanne at This Vintage Moment spurs me towards intentional, simple living, plus she inspired this post. :) A Cup of Jo shares the most interesting tidbits, I especially enjoy her Friday posts. I love finding great music/bands through Indie Music Filter, and usually listen to the "best of" playlists at work, instead of the radio.

Hobbies
    I am not sure what has happened lately, but I have had a sudden bout of artistic-ness (I don't think that's a word) ;) I have painted two pictures, as well as a couple pieces of pottery that I am pretty proud of. :) I have never considered myself as artistic or creative, but I think maybe I just buried it away, due to comparing myself to people that just seemed to be more natural at it than me... I am not sure... but I definitely would like to continue broadening this new found talent. :)


I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

P.S. This is my 50th blog post. Finally! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts