Christmas Lists

So since I am a list person, I thought that I would write a list of some activities/ideas/traditions to do in the days leading up to Christmas. I know I won't be able to do everything on this list, but in writing some of them down, there is definitely a better chance. :)

Zoo Lights... Paul and I got engaged at the Zoo Lights on Dec. 18, 2007. We try to go annually, but didn't make it last year. I am really hoping we can go this year!

For the past couple years, my sisters and I have gone to see this house that decorates their yard with hundreds of lights and has a radio station that you can tune into in your car and the lights blink to the rhythms of the songs... We usually also drive around afterwards and look at the neighbourhood Christmas lights.

Christmas baking... Gingerbread man, sugar cookies and shortbread cookies... Maybe some sort of bars. I like to do up some plates and take them to our neighbours. I get the satisfaction of baking, and then I give them all away so I don't gain 20 pounds! ;)

Christmas Craft Sales

 Once upon a Christmas at Heritage Park. I have never been to Heritage Park at Christmas time, but have heard many neat things about it.

Do at least one shoebox for Samaritans Purse.

Sledding

Go to a Christmas play, not sure if this will be possible this year as we are on a pretty strict student budget. But I would love to go to either A Christmas Carol or The Nutcracker.

Christmas Movies... not limited to, but including; A Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually, The Holiday, Shop Around the Corner,  White Christmas, Holiday Inn, It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon). Hehe, I better get started on this list right away! :)

Buy a Christmas Tree and decorate it!

Read some Christmas stories like Gift of the Magi and the Nativity Story.

Turn off all the lights except the Christmas tree and listen to Christmas music while relaxing with some sort of hot drink.



This is all I can think of at the moment, but I might add to this if more come to mind. What are some Christmas traditions you do every year?

Comments

  1. i hope that i can join you in accomplishing parts of this list (i'll let you and paul go to zoo lights alone lol).

    looking forward to a christmas movie night in the near future with that warm, cozy drink!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts