A not so secret garden...

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~Terri Guillemets




So a few weeks ago, Paul and I went shopping at our local garden centre so we could plant a garden. Before we bought anything we previously had  strolled through this same garden centre a few weeks earlier to see what kind of selection there was, and as we walked through we made up a list of which herbs/veggies and flowers we wanted, and how many we needed to fill our little garden(s) up. I had a 50% off coupon for a huge bag of  potting soil from Home Depot which proved to be very handy as we were able to fill two rectangular planters as well as top up our dirt in our front beds. Finally it was warm enough at night to plant. Paul had the day off, so he went and picked up the soil, and once I got home from work we went together and picked out our treasures. I wish I would have remembered to take pictures before and during but alas, I forgot about pictures until everything had already been planted.



We put the two planters out on the back deck, one is just flowers and the other one has lettuce, spinach,  hot peppers, garlic chives and some Thai basil.


In the front we have flowers on the top bed and some more spinach, and garlic chives on the bottom row.


The garden lights were a gift from my mother in law. The twinkling lights are nice to come home to when it's late. I love tending to my little gardens, and have already made a couple of salads from the lettuce and spinach.

Comments

  1. I loooooooove it Alli!!! Can't wait to see it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Maybe once this weather starts cooperating a little better you and matt could come over for a BBQ...

    ~allison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts